Our mission is to transform your vision into reality.
We believe that great design derived from a collaborative process transforms your vision into a memorable outdoor experience. We bring our listening skills, creativity and know-how to each of our conversations to help refine and shape the solution that is right for you. Our process starts with a deep dive into the site’s natural characteristics along with a listening and learning session with you. We develop design options and work together with you and your team to ensure all of you needs are met and the project is a success.
Successful projects begin with a thoughtful approach.
CONTINUUM Landscape Architects provides landscape design and construction services from the initial startup meeting through all phases of the design and construction process. We work collaboratively with you and your team to ensure effective and efficient project management at every phase.
Here's our approach:
1. Listen and Learn – We begin each project by listening to you. We walk the property with you and listen to your desires, goals, and expectations for their project. We want to know what experiences you want to achieve in this space. We analyze the site to gain a better understanding of the existing conditions, topography, sun and shadow patterns, as well as important views, soil conditions, and plantings. We also talk with you about your sustainability goals and requirements.
2. Create and Illustrate – We prepare concept sketches and plans, models and supporting images to help you visualize the project as it develops. We work through options and listen to your feedback throughout the whole process. During this phase, we prepare a construction budget to help you understand and evaluate the costs associated with the project.
3. Develop – Once the concept is approved, we continue to develop it by studying the key details to flush out all the technical aspects. This is essential in allowing us to recommend and discuss with you the preferred construction methods and potential timeline. Throughout this process we closely monitor the overall project costs to ensure that we keep your project within budget and schedule.
4. Document – During this phase, we work with you to select and approve the material samples. We then finalize the technical drawings for construction which allows for all construction professionals to fully understand all aspects of the project.
5. Build – Once the selection of the construction team is complete and final drawings and project budget are approved, construction and installation begin. We serve as your general contractor and oversee, coordinate and manage the entire construction process. You can rely on us to manage all sub-consultants to keep your project on schedule and within budget. We deliver successful projects.
We can work with you in many formats:
- As your prime consultant: We lead the project and design team process, select and coordinate additional consultants, when needed and manage the procurement of the contractor.
- As a sub-consultant: We work with your architect, engineer or general contractor.
- We are experienced in tradition design phasing formats as well as accelerated design-build methods.
Any of these formats allow us to:
- Develop sustainable, functional and cost-conscious design solutions in collaboration with architects, engineers, developers, and environmental consultants.
- Provide extensive experience in executing Green Building Practices for landscapes that are LEED Certified.